ABOUT THIS PARTNER
m-cult works to develop and promote new forms of media art and digital culture, with a focus on cultural and social innovations of digital media and technology. A Helsinki-based non-profit organisation founded in 2000, m-cult:
- works accross the fields of media and electronic art, community media and open source culture
- specialises in urban/public art and participatory/collaborative art forms
- supports artists in the creation, presentation and reflection of socially engaged/technically experimental projects and practices
- brings together international partner networks and local groups and communities
- engages in cultural policy development and documentation of media art and participatory culture
Within CAPP, m-cult focuses on the Northern Helsinki neighbourhood Maunula, where the residencies and commissions will be realised in collaboration with local residents and groups.